"Peggy Sue", 1966 Trade Wind Airstream
'Peggy Sue' is a vintage airstream imported into Melbourne from Long Beach CA USA in 2012. This stunning vintage caravan is 24ft long, has a dual axle and an open design with minimal cabinetry to enhance the feeling of space. She is well suited as an event space, mobile shop or guest room. She is ready to use now or she is a blank canvas for further personalisation by her new owner.
- Victorian registration,
- Polished exterior,
- Queen bed with large amount of storage underneath. Bed can be dismantled and removed to create a larger space,
- Two bench seats over the wheel arches with leather-look vinyl (that can be used as kids' beds),
- Kitchenette with sink, bar fridge, bin nook and shelving,
- Spotted Gum overlay flooring,
- Air Command Ibis Reverse Cycle A/C unit,
- Projector 600W pure sine wave inverter housed within a cupboard,
- Projector 25 amp 7 stage Intelli-charger,
- Original '60s awning with yellow/white striped fabric,
- 240v power points,
- Original cupboard above the bed,
- LED touch-sensitive indoor lighting that operate from the battery,
- White-wall tyres,
- Electric trailer brakes,
- Original fly screen door.
NOTE: Internal furnishings in photos are not included (bedding, cushions, decorative items).
Features + Publications
'Peggy Sue' has been featured in numerous publications and blogs, including (but not limited to):
- Issue 15 of Vintage Caravan Magazine,
- Smudge Eats' Flavours Of Victoria (Where To Stay, Mornington Peninsula),
- "Living The Airstream Life" by Karen Flett,
- AWOL: A Weekend Guide to Victoria's Best Kept Secret,
- Sophie T Photography,
- Rebecca Judd Loves: Glamping on Wheels in Aus,
- The Australian: The Van Demon,
- Do It Yourself RV,
- Where Food Is,
- Messy Nessy: 10 Airbnb Trailers for Your Next Weekend Getaway (#5),
- Buzz Buzz Home: 21 Vintage Campers that are too cute for their own good (#3)
- RV Share: This Retro Airstream Will Change Your Vacation Forever,
- The Culture Trip: The Classy Outdoors: Glamping In Melbourne And Beyond,
- Financial Review: Hotels, caravans, guesthouses - quirky, stylish places to stay in Australia,
- HGTV: (#1) Revived RVs You'll Want to Live in All Summer Long
- Peninsula Essence, Summer 2015/16.
Want more photos?
Check out #PeggySueTheAirstream on Instagram!